Saturday, March 15, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Craft: Bell Pepper Clovers

Here's what you'll need for this project:

  • 1 medium bell pepper
  • knife
  • washable green paint
  • paint brush
  • white construction paper
  • washable green marker
  • smock (to keep clothes clean)



1.  Cut off 1/4 of the bottom of the bell pepper.  Disregard or eat the smaller piece of bell pepper.  Remove the core and seeds.  Have the child wear a smock.  Apply paint on the cut surface with a paintbrush.


2.  Apply paint on the cut surface with a paintbrush.  Press or stamp the painted surface onto the white construction paper.



3.  Draw the stem of the clover with a green marker.

I am working on my....

  • Fine motor skills by manipulating the bell pepper with my fingers and wrist
  • Eye hand coordination by using one hand holding the bell pepper and using the other hand stabilizing the paper

16 comments:

  1. What a cute idea and you can get bell peppers for so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. this is one nice idea! Will definitely try this one pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! My kids would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww! that looks so cute :-) thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have done these before. LOVE them and super easy, clean up is nice and quick too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, and easy! Thanks for the holiday appropriate craft idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and simple craft project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute idea. I'll get my kids to do this today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute idea. I have to try that with my daughter.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! I'm going to share this with Lauren so she and Harper can work on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHA??!! I love this...I'm Irish and we do fun stuff each year but I never thought of a pepper. THAT'S BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never done this with peppers. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea, and I can't believe it is almost time for St. Patricks Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! I've painted with potato and apple stencils before, but peppers- AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a really cute craft and one that is so easy for my toddler to do. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete