Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ziploc Fish Tank

During our Under The Sea theme, I had the children make fish tanks.  Normally I would use plastic fish but I didn't have enough for this project.  Luckily, I happened to have Swedish Fish in my classroom.  This is a simple project that your kids will love to make and play with afterwards.  My classroom enjoyed doing this sensory project and they spent so much time trying to catch the fish with their fingers. 

You will need:
  • Ziploc bag
  • Blue Hair Gel
  • Duck Tape
  • Swedish Fish or Plastic Fish



Pour in about a cup and a half of the hair gel into the Ziploc bag.  Place as many Swedish Fish as desired in with the gel.  Seal Ziploc.  Fold the top part of the Ziploc bag near the seal.


Fold it again.

Seal it with Duck tape. (back view)

(Front view)

13 comments:

  1. I remember my kids doing something like this in preschool. They LOVED it. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute project for the younger kids. I bet they just love to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable and perfect for little ones! I'm going to try it with my pre-schooler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun project! I am sure my daughter would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable craft--I am forwarding this to my sister, who has a 4 yr old. She would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lot of fun, my kids are a big fan of fish tanks. I know my toddler would really love this craft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would work nice for my 4 year old. He loves fish! And well... we have a cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I love this!!! Wayyyy too cool! Will have to try with my princess ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea! Will have to complete the project with my nephew, he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute idea! I bet little ones love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...that is super cute. I know a new mom is just had a little boy and she is interested in a lot of water themes, etc. Super cute idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat idea :) I love little crafts like this, it's perfect for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete