Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sensory Activity: Mint Color Oobleck Recipe

Oobleck is a great sensory activity.  Is it a solid or liquid?  It's a solid when pressure is applied and it turns to liquid when Oobleck is held loosely.   This is a fun project for kids!  Learn how to make it here.

You will need:

Cornstarch
Green (or blue and yellow) food coloring
Measuring cup
Water
Large container

Add 2 part cornstarch, 1 part water, and 3 drops of green food coloring.  I used 2 cups of cornstarch, 1 cup of water, and 3 drops of green food coloring.  Then mix well.


Once mixed, it's ready to be played with.  YAY!


You may wade it up into a ball or into different shapes.



You may squish it around when it's liquid.  



8 comments:

  1. Celesteina
    I didn't know what an oobleck was until I read your post. I had to research it on google. Now I know how to make a cool kid's toy and what non-newtonian fluids are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool experiment.. my daughter comes home from school sometimes with these kinds of experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little guy has sensory issues and they recommended something like this - thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really neat. Looks like a fun activity

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved making this stuff as a kid! I'd forgotten all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids made some of this during a science camp once and loved it. We need to do it again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh I used to love making this stuff....I know my daughter will love it too...I can't believe I forgot about how cool it was!

    ReplyDelete