Saturday, July 19, 2014

Handprint and Footprint Lobster

You will need:
  • White construction paper
  • Red ink pad (non toxic)
  • Red marker
  • Black marker
  • Baby wipes
  • 2 Eye stickers

1.  Press the child's foot onto the red ink pad then place child's foot onto the white construction paper.  Clean the foot with the baby wipe.  Next press the left hand onto the ink pad then onto the left side of the heel imprint on the construction paper.  Clean the left hand with the baby wipe.  Repeat with the right hand but press the hand imprint on the right side of the heel imprint on the construction paper. Wipe off all the ink from the right hand with a baby wipe.



2. Use the red marker to draw in the details for the arms, legs, and eye-stalks.  Stick the eyes over the eye-stalks then draw in a mouth.

This project would be cute in a frame or in an ocean themed bedroom/bathroom.

13 comments:

  1. This is adorable and the perfect project for my two-year-old grandson. We have a sea themed guest bathroom and I want to make one with my G-man, frame it, and put it in the bathroom. I love this idea ... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Thank you for sharing the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideal thanks for sharing theses wonderful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute activity to do with the kids. I love arts and crafts like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a school art project! I would be sharing this with my sister and cousin who has young kids. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and really do need to do it esp since I watch kids. They would have fun with it .. yours came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too adorable. I will be adding this to my Handprint Art pinterest board. I'd invite you to stop by and share on my Toddler Idea Tuesday linky, but I haven't been posting it for the summer. I will have to stop by again soon to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Perfect for a summer craft too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! You are so creative. We've only done reindeer with hand prints, but I need to remember this for our next oceans unit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first i was like what.. but once it was done it looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness that is so cute! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such creative and fun activities for the kids to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty neat ideas and crafts. I want to try this with my children.

    ReplyDelete